Intelligent services are enhancement of the current situation in SuccessFactors. How to easily describe it? I will ask girl whether she will we marry me. If she say yes. We will get engaged. This is current approach. My question about marriage is manager action. Her yes is workflow approval. And than the change will happen. Intelligent services give some enhancement to this action. E.g. If she say yes than the invitation letters are automatically sent to all people in our contact books. Or it will trigger new task to order hotel for the wedding. Let’s now go to the detail from SuccessFactors perspective.
This will solve the typical business situations that must be handled manually these days. One of the typical business situation is when we assign an employee to the new manager. The intelligent service will currently support following activities on Manager Change:
You can turn these actions on or off. This brings the solution to another level so you don’t need to do everything manually. E.g. we will change the manager for 5 employees and all of them will receive the task to check the team objectives assigned by the new manager. For each intelligent service change is (un)limited number of activities that can be done.
This will help you to cover complete process that must be done. If you need to create new contract for position update, it can be done with intelligent services. You can now feel the power of the solution because the moment you don’t need to have everything in your head is coming. All HR and manager related tasks directly in SuccessFactors, all IT tasks directly in IT systems, similar for facility management etc.
The configuration is really simple, let’s go for it now.
- First is necessary to create rule when the intelligent service should be triggered. In this case we used Job Information Model and when the supervisor is different than execute the right trigger:
- The next step is to assign this rule to the data model in Manage business configuration onPostSave event
- Now when the change is done on employee level on Job Information we can monitor it in admin tools – event center
- Currently we see one event raised with 5 subscribers. The subscribers are in detail of the event
- And can be simply turned off and on
What is important to mention?
You can define your own external subscriber and with some integration development or native functionality you can do miracles. E.g. If your company process is that when you change the employee division, you need to assign different objectives template, you can cover it by external integration.
Next two posts are planned about the intelligent services:
- External subscribers and integration
- Business processes and how to cover them (real life examples)
Intelligent Services documentation is available on SAP site.